Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Whitney Ingram: The Family Flavor

I came across Whitney Ingram the same way I come across everything lately, Instagram. I don't know her personally, obviously, but I do know that she shares some pretty darn awesome recipes and has a cookbook coming out soon called "The Family Flavor".

I can tell you without a doubt, I'll be picking it up the day it's released. I made one of her recipes last night and it was unbelievable. I woke up this morning thinking about it. Not to mention the guys gobbled it up last night, slightly more so than their enormous steaks and that's saying something.

First, buy the cookbook. Second, follow on Instagram. Third, check out the hashtag #hereshowrecipe where you can find some of her easier recipes. Fourth, make this tonight.

This is BOMB people. No joke.

Cindy's Fresh Corn Salad

7 ears of corn (I only had six, totally ok)
1/2 diced red onion
1 diced avocado (I used three because three guys were eating and they all love it. so do I)
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper

"Shuck seven ears of corn and put them in a big pot of boiling water. Cover the pot, turn off the heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and then let the corn completely cool. Once cooled, slice off the kernels and put into a large bowl. Add half a diced red onion and one diced avocado. Then pour in the 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 3tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Yum town."

That's it. It's so easy and so cheap and simple and so so so good.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment