Monday, August 12, 2013

Recap

Hey peeps

Happy Monday!

That just doesn't sound right, does it? 

I don't know why I even try. 

Well I left you on Friday whining about our night and bitching about no sleep. Shortly after the update, The King was sent home from daycare under the suspicion he may have Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Which sounds a bit like the Black Plague when you don't hear an explanation of what it actually is. I was obviously super excited. 

We then promptly made a trip to the doctor, who by the way is making a killing on us, and without passing Go and unfortunately, not collecting $200, she then confirmed he did indeed have the plague. Added with an ever so sweet, slight giggle "sucks to be you."

So said plague is actually a very common virus that is also pretty painful. Children under five and in daycare usually get it and symptoms include fever and blisters on, you guessed it, their hands, feet and mouth. 

Id like to proclaim this is not because were dirty people. Thank you. 

Luckily, or not so lucky, Kingy only really has them in his mouth. We basically treat it with Advil around the clock for 7-10 days and he's banned from daycare. He's sort of bitchy but getting better. 

Awesome. 

So my mom came over, thank you sweet baby Jesus, and helped me bleach and Lysol and clean everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything because I have OCD and am kind of a germaphobe. 

We then took The King out for fried food and ice cream at the local stand, where he proceeded to flirt with two cute little girls who ignored him. True to his manhood, they finally gave in to his charm and he ignored them by throwing rocks. 

He also was spoiled rotten all weekend with new toys and clothes. I can't help it when he's sick but he's already feeling better. 

Saturday we had a date to the duck pond and had some donuts. It was so fun. He was shooting the ducks and chasing them around trying to pet them. Then Saturday afternoon my old college roommate, whom I haven't seen in five years came to visit and we spent the evening playing w Kingy, eating lots of food and catching up. I missed her. 

Sunday we ran some errands, went to the playground and watched tractors. The usual stuff. 

I'm sure The King is thinking he should be sick more often. 

Also, I have 30 miles left to run in 19 days. I really think I can do it. Gracie and I ran our furthest yet, 2.24 miles this morning! Im haven't lost a single pound, which isn't my goal, but I can already feel a difference in my mind and body. Bonus, I think my ass is coming back. 

Big thank you to all my mom friends who are unbelievably supportive and encouraging. You know who you are and you are the best support system a mama could ever ask for. Mad props, yo!

Haha. 

Here's the pics!

Acting super sick at the doctor's office.

Maybe there's a half gallon of bleach in there...

I needed an IV of caffeine.


Aren't they cute?



So needed.



Little boy.

 
Garden Loot. Still no tomatoes!

I get carried away for guests.


I need a bumper sticker that reads: "Caution. Will stop suddenly for tractors."

This is his happy place. Watching tractors.

Mischief.

Morning run views. No filter. Just awesomeness.
xxoo
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment