Monday, August 5, 2013

Oh Monday

No matter how much fun I have over the weekend, I'm never happy to see Monday.

I started with an almost* two mile run this morning and I feel pretty good. I think running at the start of the week is the right direction to head in but I don't think that's going to be enough. I really need to figure out how to dodge the Mondays.

We had a pretty awesome weekend again. I'm loving this pattern of goodness. It's still cold though which is not ok. It was 54 degrees this morning.

One of my sisters came to visit on Friday and we spent the entire weekend goofing around, dancing, playing with The King and chatting. We hit up some garage sales, had a few beers, did some gardening and ate a ton of good food too. Like, too much. I am going to share a recipe at the very end of this post so you have to read the whole thing.

Tricky, eh? Here's some pics!

Always watchin dad

We may or may not have ordered WAY too much sushi.

No caption necessary.

I love sitting on my parents front porch, sippin coffee and watching Kingy. It's so relaxing. This is him waving to a truck.

I found this gem of a skirt and a few others at the garage sales. No joke, I bought it from family and she said its from the 60's and still had the tag that read "As seen in Seventeen Magazine." It's itchy as all get out but will be seriously cute this fall. It only cost me $3 American dollars. I mean.



Please take notice of my soaking wet pants.

So. Freakin. Good. Recipe below!

Ok I went all boring with a twist and sprinkles. My sister came out with Rocky Mountain raspberry with almonds and dark chocolate fudge awesomeness. Come on dude. It's by Perry's. Get it immediately.

I'm adding this picture because it's absurd. First, my face. Second, the chicken lookin at me like I'm cray cray. I tried to convince my sister to hold it. Didn't work. Third, the blur of a dog in the background. Fourth, the pretty sun which is about the only nice thing in this pic.

The King and his auntie. They were chatting and then proceeded to shoot birds out the window...boys.

Had to have a bean at 6:30am and look at the cuteness. And brown eyes...

This is the recipe from Auntie Tutu, aka my sistah.

Chicken breast - 3
Bucks seasoning - can I get an Amen? If you're not lucky enough to have this, salt/pepper/garlic
Tomatoes
Vodka sauce - You can cheat like us and buy it in a jar or make it from scratch. Good luck if you're feeling scratchy.
Garlic
Rigatoni - one box
Heavy cream - unknown amount...thanks?

This is what she wrote to me:

"Make pasta. Grill chicken with bucks, not all the way. Saute some olive oil, minced garlic and as many fresh tomatoes as you like. Cook those down for a few, add the cut up, grilled chicken for a few until totally cooked. Add the vodka sauce and cook until bubbly add heavy cream. Mix with rigatoni and tada."

It was so easy and SO good.

xxoo
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment