Monday, August 19, 2013

Coffee. Please and thank you.

What a weekend!

I don't know if we've ever been so busy. I could totally use a day just to recover and clean my house. I didn't run this morning either which I totally needed to do. I'm running out of days to hit 40 miles and I ate way way way too much buffalo chicken dip this weekend.

We kicked Saturday off with a drive up north to my parents and stopped to get a hair cut for The King as soon as we got to town. We're only allowed to go to this barber because Papa Bear has been going there since he was The King's age. Cute but super inconvenient. Per usual, he cried the entire time he was in the chair. When he was finished I picked him up, he stopped crying, smiled, high-fived the barber and waved goodbye.

Mmm hmmm.

Next was the baby shower which was a lot of fun when I was actually able to converse with adults and shovel food into my mouth. A lot of the time I feel like I bring Kingy along to these sorts of gatherings so people can see him and then I just chase him around until it's time to go. At one point I was catching frogs, in a dress, to entertain him. I'm not kidding.

We then headed over to the family reunion and did more of the same. We ate a bunch more food and Kingy entertained all of the adults by looking cute and being charming. Obviously. Then he went in the creek with grandpa and proceeded to beat me with a pool noodle. At which point, all of the other little boys there caught on and I was left bobbing and weaving, dodging blows from the little hellions.

I'm clearly the cool adult.

We headed home around 9 which was way past our bed times and we both went to bed dirty. I didn't even care. Papa Bear stayed out with Grandpa and rolled in around 11. He then "snuck" into bed with me and snored all night. All night. Which wouldn't bother me because he hardly ever sleeps with me so I take it for what it is. The only problem is The King has a crib in our room at my parents so he also didn't sleep. I finally kicked PB out of the room around 3. He didn't know what hit him.

It was a pillow.

Like clock work, The King woke up at 5:30 on Sunday and was ready to party because he could see me. We snuck out and went for a walk to watch the sun rise and then went on a breakfast date. I love our dates. He actually decided he would eat that morning but not before he shit his britches at the table and spilled an entire glass of chocolate milk in my purse.

Awesome.

We finally headed home around noon on Sunday and were able to fit in all of our weekend chores, minus cleaning. We were both irritable so it was wicked fun. I picked a ton more blackberries and canned the shit out of some blackberry jam! I was so proud of myself, also wicked hot and slightly burnt. Papa Bear even high-fived me and said "good job". I hope to tackle beans tonight and pickles on Wednesday. The food overfloweth from the garden lately.

Went to bed at 10:30 and am ready to go back.

Whew.

Here's the pics to go along with the play by play of my weekend that I'm sure you wanted. None from the baby shower because we didn't sit still.



Creek strollin with grandpa. These two love each other so much.

I mean. Really? 
Proof of the exhaustion.

Early morning walk. Both wondering why the EFF we're up so early.

Suns comin up!

Breakfast activities. Stackin.



At the big table, in a big chair, with a big boy cup. How did this happen?


He spent a solid 20 minutes "fixing" all of my stuff.

Then he grabbed dads hand and dragged him over so he could explain what he fixed.

YEAH BABY!!!

Begging me to go for a run this morning. Sorry sister.



No comments:

Post a Comment