Friday, August 2, 2013

Foodie Food Food

I forgot to share my recipes last week. They are unbelievably easy and delicious so you're welcome in advance. Let me know if you make them!

Homemade Ice Cream - Peach Raspberry and Rhubarb Raspberry pie

Papa Bear bought me an ice cream maker for my birthday and I finally got around to making some a week or so ago. I had to consult with my professional ice cream making friend, The Gingerbread Mama. She makes all sorts of yummy concoctions and inspired me to get my act together. The constant harassment from Papa Bear also had something to do with it.

I had six huge ziploc bags of raspberries from my picking season so it was an obvious choice to use them. I thought about making raspberry cheesecake ice cream but I didn't have the patience to figure it out. I also used frozen peaches. I clearly could have bought fresh peaches but again, I was lacking patience and feeling particularly lazy.

Once the frozen fruit was soft, I threw it all in a food processor for a few minutes and then used the recipe below. SO EASY. I think you can strain the raspberries to remove the seeds but please see above. Lazy. Its also just fine with the seeds, I hardly noticed.

ICE CREAM!

I served it with a slice of fresh out of the oven Rhubarb Raspberry Pie.

The gates of Heaven opened up and the Angels sang people. It was one of those moments.

Big Daddy Burger

That name is totally made up and the first thing that came to mind.

This burger is bomb people. It doesn't require any thought. Just the following ingredients piled high on a bun, served with a side of chipotle sweet potato fries, American beer and good conversation.

Burger
Bacon
Eggs - fried or dippy. I choose fried. Men choose dippy.
Cheddar Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Red Onion
Avocado
Buffalo mayo or just plain mayo

Fries
American beer - must be American

Pillow - to rest your head on the table when you're done because you're not going to be able to move from your seat for at least 20 minutes.

The beer is bud light lime. Don't be thinkin I went all mexican beer on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment