Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Apple gets a Holla!!!

Good morning friends!

I'd like to start today by giving a big, huge thank you to Apple for making phones that are actually durable and worth the absurd amount of money they charge. 

Last night The King and I were outside making our rounds and jamming to some tunes. 

I bought the Lumineers album yesterday after I said I wouldn't. I'm weak. But he totally digs them too so it's a win, win. You could technically say I bought the album for him...

So after the eight million stops around the yard we finally made our way back to the coop to snatch up the eggs. Per usual, he didn't have any shoes on, so as a treat I let him hold my phone and dance while I snuck inside and grabbed the eggs.

Kid loves to dance.

Egg collecting probably takes an entire 30 seconds. No big deal, right? Pop in, pop out. What could go wrong?

Everything.

As I picked up the very last egg (we get 6 a day now!!) the music outside suddenly stopped. I didn't think much of it and figured he walked away from the coop. It had only been off for a second but not being able to hear him is a problem. I quickly snatched up the last egg and headed out to catch up with the wild animal.

Well I didn't have to look far. I looked down and to my right, barely setting my foot on the ground and what do I see?

Oh, you know, just Ole Kingy, standing next to a bucket, dancing with no background music. Oh, just a bucket with I don't know, maybe three inches of water and a totally submerged iPhone. 

In case you were wondering, iPhones can do a lot of things but they can't swim.

I couldn't get mad because he clearly had no idea what he did wrong. He looked at me like he just did something amazing and was so proud of himself. We're talking a huge grin and the look in his eyes like I should praise the shit out of him.

Without laughing, I had to explain that we don't throw mommy's phone into water because it gets ruined. You know, 15 month old toddlers understand logic and everything you say so this also made sense. I rushed over to the deck to get it out of the case, with a jogging, yelling King chasing after me. I was thanking my lucky stars that just the night before I downloaded all 1,800 of my pictures to my computer. So no love lost, just my phone.

Well fast forward to about 9pm and the phone was fully functional with the exception of sound. Holla! I could live with that. Fast forward again to 6am this morning and my speakers and sound worked like new and I can plug it into the car to play my wicked awesome new tunes.

Can I get an Amen?

Amen!

And a big ass thank you to Apple for not ripping me off by building a shitty phone? I mean, this is cause for cartwheels I can't do. I just saved like $200!

I should also mention The King woke up this morning with two molars in and was happy as a clam. That leaves the other two bastards to break through and we're in the clear. We two-stepped around the kitchen, made a yummy breakfast and took off to make the rounds and head to school and prison.

Things are looking up today people!

I hope you had a wicked awesome morning too. 

Pat yourself on the back if you made it this far and wiggle in your cube to the song below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment