Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A synopsis

Well. I'm not so sure you'll want a recap but it seems like a good way to kick off writing again. It's been crazy. So here's the happenings and why I had to take a break.

Traveling. Like, way too much.
Homesteading, if I can even call it that, keeps you busy.
Back to working full-time. Dealing with serious mama guilt and weekends that feel too short.
The end of an era - we said goodbye to old faithful, the one and only, Lou dog
The King has been battling ear infections, fevers and illness. Non-freakin-stop.
First birthday
We got tubes for his ears which worked well for the weekend. We're back to miserable.
More ruined shoes.
Partay for The King. It was too big.
I have an uncanny ability to break things.
I found a chicken in my kitchen last night. It was dead and not from the grocery store. Grace was so proud.
Life. Just lots of life.

So I think that's everything. It seems like a run of bad luck, mixed with still freezing temperatures which is just plain annoying and a bad attitude. With the start of June, I'm feeling like I closed the chapter on that hell of a month and am moving forward.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

I am having a bit of a hard time finding time for myself lately which I need to work on. It seems like every hour of my day is consumed with taking care of The King, Papa Bear, chores or work. The 5am wake up idea worked for about a week and then The King decided he would no longer sleep past 5:30. Which is just absurd.

If we can get The King's health together and get him on a normal schedule, I think things will start to fall into place again. Summer certainly isn't going to wait for us and I have a laundry list of things that need to get done!

I need lists and goals. I'm totally one of those people.

Here you are.

Start running again. For real.
Concerts
Coffee
Food festivals
Wedding
Maybe real life wedding planning. Ha.
BBQs
Ice cream cones - froyo for The King, duh
Friends
Maybe some camping
Fishing
Papa Bear
Read books. I miss it.
Canning. I'm scared.

What's on your agenda?

That felt good. Thanks to JAM for hounding me to get back on the horse.



No comments:

Post a Comment