Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'm sorry, I'm not sorry

I blame it on Halloween and The King's enthusiasm for holidays...



I can already feel myself spiraling out of control over the holidays and I don't even care one bit.

If I didn't insist on a real tree, I would totally have one up already. I'm not so sure I'll be able to wait until after Thanksgiving.

The King is going to LOVE this stuff. I can just tell.

I have butterflies in my belly just thinking about it.

I'm insane.

My dad was the absolute awesomest when it came to the holidays and my mom still is the bomb at decorating. But because of their enthusiasm over the years, I plan to do the exact same. Sorry PB. We celebrated every single one with over the top decorations and fun and surprises and hype and fun and SANTA!!!!

We also have a big bunch of friends getting together over the next few weeks to help make the holiday season a little less stressful and more awesomer for a few local families and a ton of older folks. There is some serious Christmas cheer happening round here and I couldn't be more excited about it.

Thank you to CM for organizing all of us gals!

If you weren't planning on donating or volunteering this season, definitely give it a second thought. You could really make a difference for someone and help spread some holiday cheer for people who may not have a bunch on the regular.

So that's my challenge to you. Instead of buying another scarf for your Aunt Rita, that you know she doesn't want, take that $10 and donate it or buy someone a card or a coffee or a little person a new toy. You could totally pick one up and drop it on someone's doorstep without any hub-bub.

Heck, you don't even have to spend any money. You could go caroling or shovel someone's driveway or donate your time. There's lots to be done people!

And if you have kids, make sure you get them in on it too. It's a great opportunity to teach them about giving back to their community and caring for others that are less fortunate. I totally plan on doing it with ole Kingy every year.

I hope you'll take me up on this one.

xxoo
ma


No comments:

Post a Comment