Monday, November 4, 2013

Sweet Mother of Pearl

Isn't there some unwritten rule that says:

"There shalt be no fire drills on Mondays"

I hate Monday. 

Our weekend was busy. I made THREE apple pies for everyone. Three. Clam chowder that was "meh" but edible and also a pain in the ass to make. Cleaned like a crazy person on a Saturday night. I felt really cool and hip. And mostly, I froze my ass off all weekend. I'm just not good at being cold. It doesn't matter how many layers I have on, I'm cold. It's also a huge problem because the boys are ALWAYS hot.

I also came to the realization that I need to do some major, major winter cleaning. I still have baby stuff stashed away in cupboards. Considering today was The King's first day in the toddler room, I should probably get it together.

Also, the toddler room? How the heck did that happen so fast? It makes me so so sooooooo sad. His old "teachers" had a hard time with it too this morning. His new teachers were ridiculously excited to have him which is equally as awesome. It makes me feel really good that he is so loved there.

Motherhood is kind of a bitch. It's some kind of roller coaster, isn't it? One minute you are elated and proud and happy and everything is all rainbows and butterflies and unicorns. Then the next minute, you're holding back tears as your son hands his old teachers thank you gifts and gives them big hugs and smooches goodbye because he's on to the next room and adventure.

Which, by the way, is only one door down.

How will I ever survive the next, I don't know, my entire lifetime?

I'm overly sentimental this morning.

I never imagined I could love someone so much. He makes me one big basket of cray cray I tell ya.

But he sure is worth it.

He shakes everyone's hand lately

Sometimes you just have to drag Grandpa along for the hard stuff. Like haircuts.

About 10 years ago, you couldn't even fart in this house. Now we chuck golfballs around the kitchen. 

He loves to read

Always cuddling

Impromptu stop at the duck pond. It was FREEZING
Hope you survive your Monday!

xxoo
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment