Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ain't no party like a slumber party

I stayed up way too late last night watching the CMAs.

I may be regretting that right about now...

You know, because on the one night I stay up late, Ole Kingy decided he wanted to have a slumber party.

But not the fun kind with movies and popcorn and chocolate and prank calls.

Oh no.

It was the kind where he sleeps like a restless beast for the entire night, kicking, punching and head butting me. Rolling around, kicking off blankets and just generally being a giant pain in the ass.

Did I mention he is sick and picked up thrush somewhere along the way?

So it was me, Kingy, Gracie and Buck all stacked up in my bed last night.

Yeah, both dogs.

Want to know where I slept? On the edge of the bed, in a space as wide as my body, on my side, with the dogs and The King touching as much of me as they possibly could manage.

To make matters even worse, I tried to sneak him back into bed around 4:30 so I could get at least an hour of solid sleep and failed miserably. As soon as he hit the pillow he woke right up and started crying out for "mommy".

I mean.

You can't ignore them and hope they fall back to sleep when they are calling for you specifically. So back to bed we went for another hour until he popped up at 6am signing for food.

Screw you daylight savings.

And so here I sit. Half awake with an enormous coffee, full of regret with a country music hangover.

I'll take a Friday afternoon at 4:30pm, please. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment