Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oooooh Boston you're my home

Well I accumulated more travel miles this past weekend. This time The King and I took a roadtrip to Beantown for a dear friend's wedding shower. Although we didn't quite make it into the city, it was close enough for me to get my fix. I miss that place and my people.

The King actually did really well in the car en route. We had zero crying and very little whining which was awesome. We stayed with an old college roommate, Meg, and had another old friend/roommate, Sho, stayed too. The King absolutely loves these two. It makes my heart happy to watch him play with them.


This was his face the entire time.


Meg's adorable daughter helping me. So stinking cute.
So we gossiped and caught up. Made some yummy desserts for the shower, which I probably should have shared with you now that I think about it. I'll see if I can dig them up. Stayed up way too late talking about all kinds of silly stuff, had sushi and drank some yummy wine.

The next day was the shower and also daylight savings which made things...interesting. Poor Sho slept in the room with me and The King, who was fussy and up pretty much every 30 minutes after midnight. I felt terrible but she kept a straight face when she said it was totally ok. 

On Sunday we headed over to the shower around 11 to decorate. I was zero help because I was toting The King but there were enough bridesmaids and family to make up for it. I just ran around and found staff from the restaurant to help. The King was pretty darn good and even took a little siesta amidst all the chatting hens. I think it's safe to say that all the ladies loved him and his wicked cute outfit. I, personally, am a big fan of babies in ties.

College roommates and best of friends


I did just about everything to keep him entertained.
Of course the weekend went so well that there had to be a hiccup at the end. The ride home did not go nearly as well as the ride there. The King was ridiculously overtired and cried for about half of the trip back. No exaggeration. It was hell. I tried just about everything I could to help him but he was sick of being held/buckled in. I'd hand him a toy and I'd hear him chuck it out of his seat. I had to stop four times. Nightmare.

All in all, it was worth it. I can't wait for him to see them again.




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see this little man again. And of course his pretty mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete