Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Friday recipe post - four days late

Yeah, yeah I know.

I didn't do much cooking last week because I was in DC and sick. But I did manage to squeeze in time to bake scones and make baked ziti. Neither of which are particularly challenging but delicious all the same. Papa Bear wouldn't give me credit for either one because he "hasn't been into scones lately and it's baked ziti Jen. The dog could make it."

Whatevah.

Click here for the scones recipe.

I would write out the ingredients and directions but I'm lazy and I'm not so sure I would use this one again. Don't get me wrong, they were wicked good but I think there are probably better recipes out there. I'll try them for you this weekend and share if I find something better.

If you're looking for a really easy and fast recipe, this one is for you. I was able to make them while The King was eating breakfast. I should also note that I used fresh blueberries and Pioneer Woman's Glaze recipe. I'm not really into frozen stuff for some reason.


Baked ziti.

This one does not come with a real, internet recipe. I sorta wung it with my ma's direction. Take that for what you will. It's cheesy. Need I say more?

What you need:
Box ziti or whichever noodles you prefer
Big container of ricotta - I think it's something like 16oz? I could be lying. Just buy the tallest one and use the whole thing.
2 cups of shredded mozzarella or as much as you like because it's cheese. Duh.
Favorite jar of sauce - you may want two if you like things extra saucy. Ha.
2 eggs
garlic
oregano
basil
red pepper flakes
Any other spices you like. I'm not good with spice

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cook noodles - I'd suggest a little al dente
3. Combine ricotta, 1.5 cups mozz, eggs, spices
4. Add wet mixture to noodles and sauce
5. Cover with extra shredded mozz
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly
7. Consume.

Again, totally nothing special or difficult but it involves cheese so it's a winner. This makes quite a bit but you can freeze it and pull it out on a day you're feeling lazy. It keeps pretty well.

I'm a culinary genius. No applause necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment