Friday, October 4, 2013

Yummmm

This is why I don't eat fast food and hope to avoid it as much as possible with The King.

Chicken Nuggets: What's in em?

In a nutshell, the article explains that they disected chicken nuggets from two fast food chains and found they were basically comprised of 40-50% chicken meat and the rest, by product...think bones, blood vessels, nerves and fat.

Please excuse me while I vomit in my purse.

If that doesn't make your stomach turn and make you never eat another chicken nugget again, good luck to you.

I also read a while back that companies are going to start processing chicken nuggets in Asia or something. Like exporting the chickens and importing nuggets. I guess at one point this practice was banned but we'll do anything to make a buck. I'm sure you can google the article if you look hard enough.

I recognize that sometimes fast food is the only option when you're on the road but good grief. I'll definitely be planning ahead as much as possible.

Just disgusting.


1 comment:

  1. So gross!

    "Chicken nuggets are an excellent source of protein, especially for kids who might be picky eaters," said Ashley Peterson, vice president of scientific and regulatory affairs for the National Chicken Council (NCC), a non-profit trade group representing the U.S. chicken industry.

    Yeah - and you know what is better for a picky eater? Being told eat what I made you (and is good for you) or eat nothing.

    ReplyDelete