Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sweet Mother of Pearl

It snowed last night and it was 30 degrees this morning. There is also snow in the forecast for the next few days.

Mannnnnnnnnn

I realize that this happens, at this time, every single year but it does not make it any easier for me. I hate being cold. I hate being cold almost as much as I hate spiders, rude people and sending my kid to daycare.

And that's saying something.

In other news, I saw a buck run across the corn field this morning. I literally jumped out of my chair and slid across the kitchen floor in my sock feet to get a better look at it. Then I excitedly ran for my phone to tell PB. Except he didn't answer so I had to rapid fire text him 30 times. You know how it goes.

I wish that sucker was in our back yard so I could have shot it.

Just kidding.

I don't even know where the rifle is and am fairly certain I will never shoot anything, ever.

Our house is still under construction so it's a hot mess in here. It also smells like venison jerky which is not exactly a delightful, welcoming aroma. I am having a ridiculously hard time fighting the urge to clean this place instead of working on mindless excel spreadsheets.

My life is so exciting.

Because I'm already dreaming about spring...it's going to be a longggg winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment