Monday, October 14, 2013

The best he's ever had?

Amidst all of the construction chaos and Kingy's mischief I managed to bake an apple pie last night. Not with homemade crust because, ain't nobody got time for that, but it was organic so that has to count for something.

I forced PB to try a bite, even though earlier in the day I made the most disgusting calzones and wings any person has ever eaten. I don't know what happened and I don't want to talk about it.

I was pretty nervous when he headed into the kitchen after I asked him for the 5th time to try it. Then I heard him let out a "wow" after what I'm assuming was his first bite and I cringed.

Then he proclaimed that it was the best apple pie he's ever eaten!!

HOLLA!

And that's saying something considering his Nana is the Queen of Pies.

Here's the recipe. It doesn't call for any cinnamon or nutmeg which I thought was odd. PB says it doesn't need any but I'm definitely going to add a 1/2 teaspoon or so next time. Also, I only baked it for 25 minutes at 350 and that was plenty of time.


Beware. It's buttery and delicious and hard to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment