Friday, October 25, 2013

Romeo

Oh sweet child of mine. You are something else.

There isn't a day that goes by that The King does something ridiculously funny. Lately, he's been pulling out all the stops at "school". Every single adult that works there knows him as the "class clown".

I'm not even exaggerating.

They usually tell me something along the lines of how silly he was dancing that day, his beautiful singing abilities, his love for babies, funny faces and expressions he made or new words or teacher's names he can pronounce.

This past week he's really been a character though.

On Tuesday I picked him up and the supervisor ran into us in the hall. She stopped to say hi to the "clown of the class" as she normally does and then proceeded to tell me that every time she brought someone to his classroom to visit that day, The King ran up to the door and flashed them his belly. Then erupted in giggles.

Hmm.

Today at drop-off his afternoon teacher, whom I missed yesterday, asked me if I heard about how his day went in the toddler room. I said sort of and knew that it went well but asked if I missed something.

Well she confirmed that it did indeed go well and he slept great on his cot. Awesome. I was really hoping he would do well, even though I'm sad he's "graduating".

Then she added a "but" and started laughing.

Interesting.

Apparently, my little bugger kept trying to sneak over, literally he tip-toes when he's being sneaky, and climb into bed with cute little Jo-Lee.

Oh. Dear. Lord.

I knew they liked each other. If you even mention her name he gets a little smirk and he raises his eyebrows all excited like "oh, she's here!" And she likes him because his name is one of the few words she can clearly say.

But trying to take the afternoon nap with her?! I don't even know.

I mean, he's been charming women in the grocery store for months. Now he's flashing people and sneaking out of bed to snoogle with the girl in class?

I don't know if I should cry or plan to home school him for the rest of his life.

Who is this kid and where did my baby go?

I was hoping I had ten or so more years before I had to worry about girls. I knew he'd be trouble but I was hoping it would be the kind of trouble you get into because you broke my possessions, not little girls hearts.

Good grief.

This kid is going to be a handful. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Plant corn, you get corn, right?

Happy Friday and Happy Weekending Friends!

xxoo
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment