Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Yawk, New Yawk

Oh how I've missed your bagels and holiday spirit!

I'm headed to the Big City today for an area meeting at work. It's going to be one hell of a long day but I'm secretly, or not so secretly anymore, happy to get out of the house. It has been a trying two days with The King.

Seemingly overnight he's learned to crawl, pull himself to standing and roam the living room like a man on a hunting and gathering mission. One day I could leave the room to pee and the next, he's pulling Christmas lights off the tree and stuffing dog toys in his grill.

What happened to my baby? And can I have him back for just a bit longer?

My first agenda item whilst in NYC is to buy a bagel. You read that correctly, buy a bagel. They are so unbelievably delish and I'm taking a cab from the airport directly to my favorite place. Then I'll walk my old path to the office and reminisce about being wicked pregnant, waddling down the street every day. I'm planning to work, obviously, but mostly chat and gossip with my work friends who I've missed oh so much. Then a quick dinner and wine, emphasis on wine, with one of my sisters and back home by midnight.

It's just enough excitement to satisfy my inner yuppie and just enough mayhem to remind me why I love my little family and quiet little life.

My stunning view this morning. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment