Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Country and Cold Cans

I bought this album a few weeks ago and have been meaning to tell you about it ever since. I also bought Home, which I should probably tell you about too since we're on the topic of Dierks. Maybe later though. I like this one better.

Country and Cold Cans was released in August of this year and I'd like to say that whoever is in charge of setting his dates is pretty darn stupid. Dierks is touring with Miranda next year so maybe that's why they waited? I don't know. I plan to attend the concert so I'll probably just talk to him about it when I see him.

If this was released in June I would have totally listened to it on repeat every single day. I might have even had a beer. Just kidding. Maybe, like, two years ago, I would have been slugging Sam Summers on the beach to this one. It's now my kitchen cleaning anthem. See what being a mama does to you? 

The EP is only 18 minutes long but it's a solid 18 minutes of carefree summer fun. Every single song makes you want to rewind back to those 80 degree days, "pop a top" and relax with some good friends. I do not recommend listening to this in say, February, when the winter blues have set in and all you really want is summer. That might make you go cray cray.

I don't know who came out with this idea first but Luke Bryan also releases these short, party anthem type EPs. I highly recommend him as well and love them just as much. His are a little more college themed but fun all the same.

My thoughts:

1. Country and Cold Cans - So friggen true. Can't have one without the other. This reminds me of the 8,000 country concerts I've been to over the years. Beer drinking is a given.
2. Grab a Beer - Just head bobbing, toe tapping fun. Nothing more to say. 
3. Back porch - I'm hoping this will be my 2013 summer. I can just picture it now. The King will be ripping around our yard, chasing dogs and picking berries, while Papa Bear gets his grill on and I try to tan my pastey skin. I probably won't be drinking any beers and will likely burn but hey, a mama can dream. 
4. Summer on Fire - Makes me want to jump up and down. 
5. Tip it on Back - This one is on the radio now and I actually sing it to The King almost every day. He's trying to figure out how to hold his bottle so I instruct him to tiiiiiiiip it on baaaaaack. Formula. Not beer. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment