Monday, September 9, 2013

Lame Sauce

If there was a competition for having the lamest weekend of all time I'd totally take it to the bank. 

I don't even remember what happened Friday night which means I probably cleaned and did absolutely nothing. 

Saturday, The King and I woke up at the crack of dawn so I could go embarrass myself on the softball field in 50 degree weather. I think the older I get, the less serious I take it and I just do stupid stuff like not catch balls with my glove and use random body parts instead. 

I don't even know. 

We lost both games for the first time in family history and were out of the tournament early so everyone proceeded to get shmammered but me. 

At one point, after watching me sip my second bottle of water, one of my friends asked me "what happened to the girl that came flying into a party in the back of Matts (PB) truck, in a bikini, hootin and hollerin, drunk as a skunk?"

And I said, well I don't really know because I don't remember doing that. 

And then we all laughed because that's exactly why I don't drink anymore. I'm too good of a time. 

Or I can't do hangovers. 

So anyway, Saturday ended in me and The King both falling asleep at 730. 

Sunday we trekked back to the homestead where PB, Grandpa and a friend were still slaving away on the roof. Kingy had a bit of a breathing spell so we landed at a doctor with a steroid shot and a diagnosis of croup. 

I couldn't make this stuff up. 

I made a bunch of wings and enough buffalo chicken nachos to kill a horse and then spent the evening looking at fantasy football and canning a ton of stuff. And regretting eating so many of said nachos. 

I'm over canning at the moment. Also over illnesses and my house being messy. 

I've been home with The King all day who just so happens to be raging from the roids, not sleeping and feeling quite well actually. 

Hoping I win football and Kingy stays up all night just to torture me.

Hope you had a blessed weekend. 

Xxoo
Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment