Thursday, September 26, 2013

I'm alive!

Hey friends. I'm still alive.

I had a day trip to DC on Tuesday which just about killed me. Day trips are nice because I'm only gone for a day, obviously, but getting home after midnight and having to work the next day is brutal.

I also made a terrible decision to eat Chipotle for dinner in the airport and am pretty sure I ended up with a mild case of food poisoning. I don't know what the hell was wrong with me but I'm not so sure there will be Chipotle in my future.

At least the near future.

Who am I kidding?

Anywho!

Monday night I made meatball subs for dinner from The Family Flavor cookbook and I will never, ever make them again. If you have a good meatball recipe already, stick with it. If you like meatballs that taste like the fake frozen ones from the grocery store, this recipe should be your go to. We did not like them at all.

Last night I made "Michelle's Sweet Soy Chicken and Rice" and it was wayyyyy better. If you've picked up the book, you should know that I have pretty much doubled everything for any of the dinners I've made. The desserts are fine but for some reason, the recipes are pretty small. PB doesn't eat a ton but he definitely eats more than the portion sizes in there.

So in total, we're 5 for 6 on the Family Flavor recipes. That's pretty damn good.

In other news, we're stilllllll working on the house. The roof is almost finished but we now have to patch the enormous hole PB made when he fell through the ceiling. Sweet.

PB thinks I'm going to be able to help him put up sheetrock, like pick it up and hold it above my head, over and over again. I'm going to give it hell but I'm pretty sure I'll be pissing him off all weekend. Should be fun.

It's the effort that counts, right?

Buck is the best puppy the world has ever known. Grace is Grace. The King is on a marathon of night wakings and 5am wake up calls. Why? I have no idea. The air conditioners are coming out and fall is in full swing.

As for me, just living the dream. Working for the weekend


How about those orange hot pants?

No comments:

Post a Comment