Monday, September 23, 2013

Foooooood

I mentioned in my last post I did some serious cooking this weekend. If I had to guesstimate, I probably spent around 24 hours in my kitchen. No joke.

Saturday I made braised beef stew and double chocolate chip cookies. Sunday we had a lobster cookout and I whipped up corn chowder and honey butter dinner rolls. Oh my word. So, so good.

The stew, chowder and cookies are from The Family Flavor cookbook I picked up a few weeks ago. I've only mentioned it like eight times. I can't find the recipes online so I'm assuming they are not out in the web-universe yet, which means it's probably not a good idea for me to share them here. It feels like I'd be stealing money out of her pocket and stealing is just wrong.

But you could totally go buy it on Amazon.

And I'm not making a nickel. I just love the book that much. I had almost every single ingredient in my house and only had to pick up bay leaves for the stew. The recipes are simple and delicioussssss.

Now the dinner rolls. They were puffy little clouds of heaven and I found the recipe on this blog, Chocolate Moosey.

I've never made anything with yeast so I was pretty nervous but it worked out perfectly! We ate them alongside the lobster and chowder and the men smothered them with the jalapeno-peach jam I made a few weeks ago.

I'm fairly certain every single person at my house had a food coma. It was marvelous and I was happy happy. I love feeding people.

Let me know if you make them. I think they're going to be a regular round these parts.


Honey Butter Dinner Rolls
 
Serves: 12 rolls
Ingredients
  • 2 – 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 package (1/4 oz) yeast
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 3/4 cup warm water (120 – 130 degrees)
  • 3 Tbsp LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, divided (or unsalted butter + 1/2 tsp salt) - I USED REGULAR salted butter
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp onion powder
  • Pinch of sea salt
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt (if using). Add water and 2 Tbsp butter. Beat for 3 minutes or until smooth. Turn off the mixer. With a spoon, stir in the cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (1/2 – 1 cup).
  2. On lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 4-6 minutes. You may need to add a little bit more flour if the dough is still sticky, but don’t add too much. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
  3. Grease a 9-inch round pan. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, shape into balls, and place in the pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 30 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F. When ready, bake the rolls 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
  5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 Tbsp butter, honey, garlic powder, and onion powder. Brush over the warm rolls and sprinkle with some sea salt. Let cool until the glaze sets


Enjoy!!
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment