Tuesday, September 3, 2013

All good things must come to an end

Where does the time go?

I can hardly believe that summer is over and its September. It feels as though life is in fast forward lately and now, more than ever, I wish it would slooooooow down. 

Just like everyone else, we had a busy weekend of Summer festivities. I kicked things off Thursday night with a trip to the fair, a Luke Bryan concert and more fried food than anyone should ever consume. Although it probably wasn't that much, it was plenty for me. 

The fair is also an excellent place for people watching too. I would like to know though, why do people think its ok to wear belly shirts all of a sudden?

We went with the friend nutter butters...terrible decision.




Friday, Papa Bear and Grandpa worked on the roof so there was absolutely no napping in our house. I desperately needed one too. It was about the time that PB fell through the ceiling that I decided it was time to leave. 

Old ass insulation isn't itchy at all and it totally does not cause your allergies to go bananas. 


My redneck patch job, garbage bags, thumb tacks and Justin Bieber duct tape. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Lord knows this will not be fixed until the roof is done and I can't live with the smell of attic. Literally, I can't live.


So we dragged back to the fair with Kingy and checked out all the farm animals. Pigs smell terrible and the cows, when prettied up are adorable. It was hot as ballzzz but The King had a good time. He pet the cows, did some poll dancing and ate way too much ice cream.




Saturday and Sunday we traveled up north for some family BBQs. Per usual, I chased The King around in between bites of food. I have come to the realization that this kid is absolutely exhausting. He seriously never, ever, ever stops. At this point, I'm not so sure two kids are in our future. I can barely keep up. I'm sure I'll change my tune some day but right now, one is more than enough. 

The Labor Day BBQ is the same one we went to last year. Except last year, Kingy was a tiny little nugget, content to hang out and be snuggled on. I found a picture in my phone and just about cried at the difference a year makes.

I also found myself near tears because The King accidentally smashed a big ole rock off my eye and it was seriously hurting. For real. It's black and blue today.



And last year...



And today, I have a cold, a black eye and pink eye in the other. But at least we have tomatoes and blackberry pie? 




Hope you had a wicked awesome weekend

xxoo
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment