Monday, June 10, 2013

Down on the farm

Y'all

We had an awesome, awesome weekend. 

Friday night, Papa Bear took me out to dinner and drinks with a side of karaoke. We ate too much, drank a few adult beverages and I sang my best rendition of "Love Shack" yet. We ended the night by 10:30 and really had so much fun.

It's kind of funny to reflect on what "fun" used to be and think of how utterly insane we all once were. Guess that's growing up, right?

Saturday we ventured to an "animal fair" that Papa Bear found on Craigslist. It wasn't so much an animal fair, as it was a crazy lady trying to downsize her unruly farm. Fine by me, we acquired two new animals. Two bunnies by the names of Peanut Butter and Fluff. I almost went home with a goat but we couldn't get him home in the jeep.

Papa Bear is lucky.

Shout out to CM for the stellar names!

Then we went home, built a safe place for our new pets, expanded the chicken pen and acquired three older hens; Ginger, Sheryl and Ruthie. Papa Bear did this on a whim, I think because Grace killed my favorite hen last week. Yes, she's still messing with me.

Anyway, we officially have a return on our investment, which wasn't necessarily a smart one but hey, it's fun and we know where our food is from. People, we now have eggs to collect!

We let The King play in the rain and mud. We weeded the gardens and blueberry bushes a bit. Ended the day with a hot shower, poison ivy and a fresh batch of those ridiculous sea salt chocolate chip cookies.

Heavenly.

Sunday was cleaning and errands day but warm enough to play outside a bit. It's so fun to watch The King play with all of the animals. And by play, I mean he tries to squeeze the bunnies, rubs his face on their fur and yells at the chickens. We're learning to be gentle but it's a slow process. Besides it's entertaining for everyone involved.

Papa Bear and I have officially been bitten by the animal/farm bug. We had a few conversations this weekend that started with "so what animals can we get next?" and "next year we should set the garden's up this way..." and "we need a little barn out back"...

We may be spiraling out of control.

Here's some pics. You know I took a few hundred.


My outfit is featured in this months edition of Vogue.

He loves soft stuff. Who doesn't?
 

Trading kisses for ice cream. I don't approve of the ice cream but they're cute
This may seem unsafe but he sits completely still and gobbles up fruit while he watches me cook breakfast.
I guess it's our fun little  "thing" we have.
Not so sure.
Summer. Yes.
This is probably not as fun as I think it is...
If anyone has any idea how to clean eggs, or knows whether we should, please let me know!!

Happy monday people!

No comments:

Post a Comment