Thursday, November 29, 2012

He liked it...

SO HE PUT A RING ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt totally got me with this one. I had NO clue this was in the works yesterday.

I'll start from the beginning...

Matt texted me yesterday morning to ask my favorite dinner. I pondered this question for a few minutes because Matt makes a lot of yummy stuff, especially when he's not being "creative". I finally decided on swedish meatballs. I was stoked for the rest of the day about dinner. He did this it all the time when I was pregnant and it was such a treat. He also asked what time I'd be home. Again, not unusual.

Next, he asked me to stop at the store on my way home. No biggy but semi annoying because he was home all day. I'm thinking, you should have needed sour cream hours ago if this dinner was going to be ready when I walk in the door damnit. Haha. Maybe he was making baked potatoes? Anyway. He then changed his mind by the time I got to town and said he didn't need it. Awesome. I don't have to go out of my way to pick it up.

He then gave me specific instructions about what drive way to pull into and not to open the garage door. His excuse, he spilled nails and had a project leaning against the door. Sort of annoying too. Dude, pick up after yourself! How many times do I have to tell you that?! Now we're going to have flat tires.

I wasn't realllllllly annoyed to be honest. Matt pulls all of the above once in a while. That's our life. This is the moment when I thought something was up though. I totally thought he was surprising me by hanging the Christmas lights on the house. He was totally not into doing it last weekend. I was now super pumped!

So I arrive home and notice he hung half the lights on the house. Total "E" for effort bud. I'm happy he even started. Beggers can't be choosers and he hung them on the highest part so I could finish the rest of the house if he didn't. I then go in to play with The King, who won't stop jumping, and anxiously await dinner. I'm hungry.

At this point I'm not allowed in the kitchen because Matt has a super secret Fults recipe out. Ok. He does this on occasion too.

I'm starting to think we're weird.

Then, he says dinner is ready and walks me into our breakfast nook, where we never eat, with his hands over my eyes. I'm giggling because he's being silly and I still don't know what's going on. I nearly tripped over the two stairs into the kitchen and almost sat on a chair that wasn't there.

I finally sit down at the table, Matt moves his hand, I open my eyes and BAM!

I see this...



And then I see this....



And then I cover my face and cry.

I attack Matt. Still crying.

Matt eventually put the ring on my finger. He started eating. I was still happy crying. Totally not hungry anymore and texting everyone.

Then The King demanded I quit putting on my circus and feed him some damn dinner.

Back to reality.

Matt did SUCH a good job. This was so unbelievably perfect. He incorporated all of my favorite things and it was so thoughtful and not lame and mushy and weird. It wasn't one of those scenes from the movie where the guy tells the girl all the reasons they love them and all that crap. I'm just not into it. It was so us and so Matt and just perfect. It's the moment you hope to some day have and then some.

After The King went to bed I went back to being a crazy pants. Matt went to bed and I proceeded to text 8,000 people and make phone calls. In the midst of all that, I thought I needed an engagement picture....


This is how you do one of those selfie pics, right? The toilet should be in the picture? I'm totally using this for the save-the-date!

Let the crazy wedding planning commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment