Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why I love country music

I wanted to write this post yesterday but my morning commute took 45 minutes longer than normal, which means I was late and pissed right off.

Anyway. We have a few really good country stations up here and I've especially taken a liking to Wolf Country. They play new music and aren't terribly boring to listen to on my way in. Well they played this little diddy by Lee Brice yesterday and if it wasn't for the people cutting me off in the long line to get off the highway, my road rage, and lack of coffee, I definitely would have cried.


This song is every reason why I like country music. Not because I like to feel like my heart hurts after listening to a song but because country music always has a story to be told. It's relatable. It makes you want to dance. It makes you want to cry. It makes you dream and wish. It makes you feel and think and maybe even want to be 20 again. It's like reading a good book and becoming totally immersed in the story, like you're right there with the characters. It's almost a small little escape from the every day. What could possibly be better entertainment than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment