Monday, November 19, 2012

Adios case of the Mondays!

Maybe it's because I don't usually work on Mondays but I'm having an exceptionally annoying morning. Lucky for me, Matt just called me with a HILARIOUS story of his adventure to the doctor with The King. Totally turned everything around for me. Sorry babe, I have to share this story. Love you!

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday I had to move a few of my work days around. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but I completely forgot The King had a well-visit checkup today. Matt and I usually go to these together. I ask the questions, he toughs out the shots.  We tag team that shit like nobody's business. Well today, super-dad handled this one on his own and the madness that ensues is just so great.

Being the crazy person that I am, I got all of The King's clothes out, winter gear, packed the diaper bag and left lots of instruction for dad. I'd be willing to bet he heard the time of the appointment and tuned me out for the rest.

Well guess what? He probably should have listened because he forgot the most important piece of baby gear on the planet...the DIAPER BAG.

If you've met The King, you know he made him pay. Big time.

I'm seriously giggling.

Upon arrival at the doctor's office, The King decided it wouldn't be a father-son outing without giving dad a gift. Well he does things it's with drama and pizazz people! He wanted him to have a properly soiled diaper.

Dirty diapers are no big deal right? Wrong. Matt hates poop. Poop to Matt, is like boogers to me. It nearly brings that big manly-man to his knees every...single...time. Oh yeah, and without a diaper bag, you have NOTHING to deal with this kind of mess. No wipes, no diapers, no desitin, no change of clothes, nothing.

Still giggling.

I don't know how, but he managed to clean up the mess and save The King's pants. Awesome job daddy-o but you ain't got a diaper and Kingy ain't done! Oh no, as soon as those pants were on sans diaper (what option did he really have), The King proceeded to pee all over himself...and dad.

Bahahahahahahaha.

Oh how I wish I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just to be a fly on that wall. Or something not so gross as a fly because it is a doctor's office.

Anyway, Matt did what any sane person would have done after the first soiled mess and asked the doc for a spare diaper. No luck. I kind of find that annoying too but that doesn't matter. He then asked the nurse, who must have taken pity on him and found him one that was a few sizes too small. I bet she asked someone in the waiting room. Ha!

Apparently after diaper-gate the shots were no big deal for The King. I love it. I later called the doctor's office and the three women I talked to knew that they were in this morning and had just left. Those nurses will probably giggle about this all day.

That's the whole story. Kind of anti-climactic but it's funny. Just so funny.

A special thank you to Matt for cheering me up today. This definitely doesn't knock down your status as "best dad on the planet". It just makes you that much awesomer.


No comments:

Post a Comment