Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Voice

Meg and I have watched nearly every episode of The Voice this season. It's the first time I've ever really watched one of these shows from start to finish. I'm totally hooked too, it's kind of ridiculous. I think I mostly like it because Blake Shelton is a judge and my former drinking self would really like to hang out with him and drink beers.

Mama Jen, not so much. I'm totally a has been.

Anyway. I do have a few favorites on the show but my newest is Melanie. Also known as the girl with the jacked up hair-do. I've always sort of liked her voice but none of her performances really did much for me. That is until she performed Seven Nation Army Monday night. Check it out below, she starts singing at 1:37 if you don't care to hear her story.


I would totally spend $0.99 on this song. I might even do it later today. It's such a cool jam anyway but she totally makes it that much cooler. If she wins or ends up recording an album, I'd totally buy it if most of the songs were like this. I also kind of admire that she embraces her weirdness. That takes balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment