Monday, November 12, 2012

Productivity

I'm going to have to brag just a smidge tonight. I had the most ridiculously productive weekend in the history of productive weekends. I'm exhausted and happy all at the same time.

1. Painted my living room - I have been talking about painting this damn room for a few months now. It was a really ugly aquamarine, sorta creme, sorta grey color. I understand they painted it a light color to stage the house but I'm a warm color gal. I went with a deep, rich blue. It only took me seven hours and I destroyed the trim but I'm proud. I'm also planning to cover my hideous fireplace in stone one of these days. Matt says I have to wait for him. I suppose I should.



2. I finished stacking the wood and cleaned the garage. Man stuff, I know, but Matt has been away for work  since October and when Pa is away, Mama has to pretend she has a penis and do stuff like that. I can't wait for him to get home. I'm sick of taking out the damn trash. Feminists can kiss my ass. Some things are just meant to be done by men.



3. Family pictures, sans dad. It's lame but I had no idea when Matt would be home and I really wanted six month pics of The King. Jessie from Jovial Photography took the pics and did an absolutely amazing job!! The King was such a little piss ant and refused to smile. No exaggeration. Not one toothless grin. The best news, you can hardly tell because she got such great candid shots. She also took my maternity and newborn pics. I'm a repeat customer for a reason people.




I also had my hair and makeup done at a local salon, actually Jessie's sister, Alycia. Just like her big sister, she did a fantastic job. I looked like a real girl! I hardly ever wear makeup or do my hair so this is a big difference. She always makes me feel beautiful and fabulous and I love her for that. Matt says he likes me without make-up. Ugh, men.

4. I finally hung some damn curtains in my dining room. I'm so lazy. I've been piecing this house together for months and I still have so much to do. No picture necessary, they're curtains.

5. I also helped Jessie with her Christmas mini shoots. I had soooo much fun putting the "set" together with her. We actually used a lot of stuff from my house and some neat crafts she created for the shoot, among other props she had. This is a picture I snapped while she was testing the lighting. The sun was perfect and it was an unusually warm November day. I was kind of jealous we didn't have this weather on Friday. I hope we can continue to do some of these styled, propped out shoots together. I love this stuff!


6. Last but certainly not least, the house is clean, laundry is done and we have food to eat. Not to mention, I'm blogging tonight.

I feel like super woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment