Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Ended

I'm on coffee number two if that tells you anything about my weekend.

I totally kicked my house's ass this weekend and am feeling it everywhere today. I was so ridiculously productive, I don't know how I mustered the energy to do it all. It kind of feels good to be this tired and sore when I accomplished so much though.

Friday night Uncle Drew and Sarah came over to help us with the garage. By us, I mean, Uncle Drew and Papa Bear sweated bullets putting the place back together while Sarah and I played with The King and made dinner. We went with those yummy BLT's again and I made some cookies, out of store bought dough. Nothing fancy but we were full to the brim and totally satisfied. 

It's so nice to have people over. I realized this weekend that I absolutely LOVE feeding people. Something about happy people, rubbing their bellies and talking about how full they are makes my heart full. I wish I could entertain more, it's so fun.

The Gingers ended up staying over that night so Saturday morning I cooked an enormous breakfast and we all hung out sipping coffee and chasing animals and The King. I found some yummy recipes this weekend and I'll share all the goodness on a separate post. 

Unfortunately or fortunately, I don't know which, Papa Bear was called into work all weekend so after our guests left, I got busy with the chores.

I cleaned up all the trash from the garage project and loaded up the trailer with other scraps that have been laying around The Farm, waiting to go to the dump. I reorganized all of our fencing and garden tools, cleaned the pheasant cage, straightened out our decks full of toys and lawn furniture and went grocery shopping. 

Then my parents came over for dinner so we grilled and ate a bunch of left overs which also made me realize how much I love sort of "recycling" food leftover from the night before. It feels good not to waste.

I also made a raspberry rhubarb pie and raspberry peach ice cream . All I can say is, Oh. My. Gawd. They were so mother freakin delicious!!!! I can't wait for Papa Bear to have some after work tonight. I actually sat down with the entire pie last night and ate a bunch. I didn't even bother cutting a slice. What a pretty sight I was, disheveled and shoveling pie into my face.

After my parents left Saturday evening I did some more gardening, watered the plants, cleaned the kitchen and play room and called it a night.

Then came Sunday. 

We started the day at Target and picked up some toys and fun stuff for this coming weekend. I have two wicked sweet and awesome friends coming to town and one is bringing her daughter. I can't wait for the kids to play together and to sit around with my old friends. I miss them so much.

We stopped by Home Depot and picked up some shrubs and succulents too. They were a total steal at 50% off, I couldn't help myself. The King was hilarious, pretending to shoot ducks throughout the store. He's such a goon.

Once The King took a nap, I got busy. I scrubbed base boards, cabinets, floors, toys, dusted, mopped, vacuumed, laundry, bathrooms, yard work, mowed the lawn, fixed the chicken coop, weeded my flowers, planted succulents and straightened out my room.

Whew.

That paragraph alone is enough to be done over three days, forget 12 hours, most of which happened when The King was sleeping. I try not to do chores when he is awake because the weekends are the only real quality time we get together. Sometimes it's just not possible and I end up cleaning the kitchen or something while he plays. 

Have I mentioned being a mom is hard as hell?

Also, the amount of food on my walls was kind of disturbing. Toddlers are so messy. 

We squeezed in a trip to the playground and caught a bit of a baseball game too. We sat in the grass and Kingy stood behind me with his arms around my shoulders while he watched, pretty intensely. He even started throwing rocks and pretended to swing a bat. It was so, so cute. 

I doubt any of you even care about all of this but thanks for reading if you've made it this far. I was thinking last night that I needed to write everything down so I could actually comprehend all that I accomplished and could figure out what else needs to be done before my buddies come to town.

I feel like I should be bummed I had such a busy, un-fun weekend but I'm totally not. I worked outside a ton so I feel like I got to enjoy the weather and most importantly, Kingy and I played outside a bunch.

Here's the weekend in pictures.

Raspberry fingers

Blueberry pickin





Someone didn't want to leave the playground.




Hope you all had a wicked awesome, fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment