Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tacos!

Happy Almost Friday Day!

I made the flank steak pineapple salsa tacos last night and got a thumbs up from Papa Bear. 

Holla for small cooking victories!!!

I get so nervous when I cook but trying something new takes it to another level. 

Anyway, the review: they are pretty darn spicy but super good. 



Next time, I would add honey to the steak marinade, to cut the spice and squeeze fresh lime juice once they're put together. I also added avocado because we love it and I knew they were going to be hot. The pineapple salsa was really, really good and added a little sweet too. I thought about adding corn to the salsa but got lazy and threw the cobb on the plate instead. Ha! I also used flour tortillas because corn are just too hard. I still grilled them though. 

Also, under cook the steak, otherwise it could be wicked tough. We like ours medium rare and I pulled it off the grill pretty rare. Make sure you let it sit for ten minutes or so before you cut it. Makes it juicy.

To top off that they are awesome, it took me 30 minutes tops to make these suckers! Definitely recommend for a quick, weeknight meal. 

Beware, kids definitely won't and shouldn't eat these though. The King had a bite and went running for his milk. Literally. He likes hot stuff so we let him try. It was kind of funny. 

Good luck! Let me know if you try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment