Monday, July 29, 2013

My heart is full

Happy Monday friends!!

Seriously. Its not very often that I am happy on a Monday morning but today my heart is totally full. What a wicked good weekend!

Two of my awesomest, bestest friends from college and a sweet little girl came to visit and we had such a great time. 

My friend's daughter is 2.5 and such a kind, polite, little nugget. Its unreal how well behaved and well mannered she is for her age. She and The King had so much fun together. There was no whining, crying, fits or fighting. They played, wrestled, danced (seriously), gave each other smooches, picked berries and chased animals. They were so stinking adorable! 

At one point, Kayc was driving the kiddie tractor with Kingy sitting in the trailer and I thought my heart might burst from the cuteness. They are seriously the best of toddler friends. 

The grown ups had a hell of a time too. We ate awesome food all weekend, caught up, drank adult beverages, not to excess which was weird because that was our jam back in the day, we laughed and played with the kids. We went "out" on Friday night and were home, exhausted, by 10:30. Cheers to growing up!

It definitely makes me sad that I can't see them more often but we totally kick long distance's ass. We really don't go more than a few months without getting together which is pretty darn awesome. We were already setting tentative play dates for next month. 

It's really such a good feeling to get together with friends who know and love you. You know what I'm talking about? You just feel whole. 









Hope everyone had a super fun weekend too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment