Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grandma would be pissed

Has anyone else noticed the lack of manners lately?

I'm currently standing in line waiting for lunch and not a single person in front of me has said "please" or "thank you". Or ask someone "how are you" in response to the same question. They're all barking orders at the line cooks, like "yeah, I'll take croutons" or "I asked for wheat, not white!".

How about a little "may I please have croutons? thank you".

I noticed this in the grocery store and Target too. You know, because I frequent these places so often. No one says "excuse me" or apologizes for being in the way. And believe me, at some point, you are in the way.

It fires me up.

When did it become socially acceptable to be an asshole to other people? Are we seriously just going to push and shove our way through life and demand people give us things?

Pathetic.

You can bet your sweet ass The King will have manners.

Or I will hang him by his toes in the tree in our front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment