Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The weekender

I kind of like giving these play by plays of our weekends. I always feel like I didn't do anything worthwhile when Monday night rolls around but then I write it all down and share pictures and I totally feel differently. Like my perfectly ordinary weekend suddenly becomes perfectly awesome and I wouldn't change a thing.

I'm going to pretend you enjoy it too and continue sharing.

One of my closest friends was scheduled to fly in on Friday from San Fran and as I'm sure you guessed, her flight was cancelled. Rather than travel 24 hours to spend 24 hours with us, we completely rescheduled. I was totally bummed. We're set for March though so I suppose it's not the end of the world.

I didn't have any backup plans so we improvised. A lot.

Nine month check-up. Wrecking the place.

I've been dying to take a snowy picture in this spot. 

 I love this one so, so much.

 Being silly. Cuz that's how we roll! Nice hair, eh? He got that from Papa Bear.

Super snuggly all weekend. I loved it.

I also reached new levels of boredom. 
I made Valentine burlap banners. 
Yep. That happened.
I'm totally trying to overcompensate for disliking this month with decorations, cookies and crap.
Some of my best memories as a kid involve the holidays though so I'm making an effort with this one.
My dad always went over the top. 
I hope to be half as awesome as he was when it comes to this stuff.


More cabin fever activities.

We also made a trip up North to see my parents. I decorated more of my house with repurposed stuff I had laying around. I'm pumped about it. I didn't spend a penny. I moved furniture around in a few rooms. Grace ate food off the counter and stole more shoes. I love her so much. We went to Tarjhay and I bought more Valentine goodies. And The King and I giggled and snuggled and played all weekend.

It was perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment