Wednesday, January 16, 2013

House stuff because I know you care

Everyone tells you not to make big life decisions when you are pregnant or have just given birth. And let me tell you what, I should have listened. Not that decorating a house is a big life decision or anything, but I tried to do a bunch of it after I had The King and I've already changed nearly everything in my house.

Bravo, Jenny. Bravo.

So this past weekend I continued down the path of redecorating my kitchen. This is the only room in my house, besides The King's, that is actually semi-decorated. I don't know if I'm lazy, cheap, or just taking my time so I get it "right" but I should probably get it together.

Anyway, I want to share the new stuff with you because I love, love my kitchen now. I'm kitchen proud as Nate would say. It's moved from teal to red and I've added some lovely rooster accents. I still need to find a rooster cookie jar and an old fruit basket and then I think I'll be done. I might also paint my corner cabinet with chalkboard paint but I don't know if I have the balls.

I made everything below but the clocks, crate and the wine rack. Pretty crafty, eh? Let's also be clear here, I didn't magically come up with these ideas on my own. I will take credit, or admit to being incredibly stupid, for making them all on my own though. No instructions necessary, just some good ole mama ingenuity. Thanks Pinterest for the inspiration.

Black letter wrapped in red twine. So unbelievably annoying to do. Never, ever, ever again.

Oh just some burlap flowers because I have yet to buy real ones for that spot and I kept lying to myself saying I would. I burnt the shit out of my fingers trying to figure these things out. They need help but whatever, I pretend they're perfect.

Rooster clock from Cracker Barrel. This was a house warming gift. I love it. 

I use this to hold important mail that I'm supposed to do something with but always forget about. It also holds my keys. Handy. This was ugly wood so I painted it and ruffed it up with a copper wire scrubby.

Found this gem on One Kings Lane. Bought it because who doesn't need four clocks in their kitchen? Seriously, four clocks.

I used to have wine but I drank it over the weekend.

I'll post pics of the breakfast nook turned playroom when I make some more progress. It's not very exciting at the moment.

Thanks for pretending you love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment