Monday, March 24, 2014

Potty Mouth. Bad Mommy.

Well, we've officially hit the moment in childhood where your toddler regurgitates literally every single thing you say. Good and bad.

In our case, mostly bad.

Such as "Shit" or "Damn it"...I can't even tell you the others.

This is kind of a massive problem because I cuss like a sailor when I'm mad. And just in general. I swear, a lot.

Are you surprised that I'm not lady-like and proper?

Ha.

Yeah, so we have a problem. I think PB and I are going to come up with some code words. But at the moment, we're spelling curse words when we need them for emphasis.

That should last about 30 seconds.

Also, yesterday was a really, really trying day for this mama. It was not my shining day as a mommy. I failed, a lot.

Kingy was so so soooo bad though.

After a three hour car ride from girls weekend and coming home to a messy house, I just did not have the patience for the whining, and hitting, and cursing, and laughing in my face and messes on messes on messesssssssss. I could not understand what happened in 24 hours of me being gone. I lost my cool. I yelled, we had timeouts, and there were lots of sorry's from the both of us.

I just don't deal well with behavior like that. It's not acceptable in my book. No one wants to be around a kid who doesn't listen and acts out like that. Oh, and that kid usually turns into an asshole adult so we're talking a lifetime of no one wanting to be around you because you're a jerk.

So we barely get to the end of the day and as we're brushing our teeth, I notice a big bump in the back of his mouth. I feel around back there in between the crying and there I find two ginormous molars coming in.

Oh.

We wrap up and calm down, give kisses to everyone and head in to read our books. This is usually a battle because Kingy wants me to read every book on the shelf but he went ahead and fell asleep right in my lap after the first one; lights on, me reading in strange voices and all.


And that's when I realized that this day was totally out of character for him and really just a result of him getting zero snoozing and being in pain from the teeth. He's not really a demon.

Well, shit.

We didn't get a chance to talk about his day. Me to say I was sorry for losing my patience. Him for not listening and hitting mama, like 3,000 times. To say our "love you, to the moons" and one last smooch and a squeeze.

I put him down in bed, turned out the light and contemplated crawling into a hole for royally sucking at being a mom.

Ugh.

The good news, you ask? Kids forgive you. We both can do better and I think it's totally normal to not be on your A-game 24/7. We woke up new people this morning, with lots of sleep and zero troubles getting through our routine. Plenty of listening and helping mommy and good behavior. Not a single tear at drop off and I almost made it to work on time for the first Monday in forever.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus.



xxoo
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment