Sunday, March 16, 2014

March Madness

Well, March has looked much like the rest of winter round these parts. 

How bout you?

Do you think it will ever be warm again?

Because, I don't.

Last weekend I planted close to 300 plants. Don't ask me why I need that many plants. I just do. And that's not counting all of the stuff I intend to plant after the last frost...

I have a lofty goal of supplying 25% of our food between the things I can grow and deer that PB can shoot. I  really think it could almost be possible. Almost.

And what is life without setting unachievable goals, anyway?

Also, the greenhouse is ah-mazing people. Almost every single seed has sprouted in less than one week. The only problem is that it will never be warm again and I'll never be able to plant them outside.

Sigh.


But planting seeds is much like getting married or being pregnant, isn't it? I know that sounds crazy but there is so much hope for the future in that tiny little seed! And you start daydreaming of one day picking all of those fruits and veggies and frolicking around the yard with your dogs and kids, with the warm sun on your neck. No layers and boots and mittens needed. Just harvesting the stuff you grew and teaching those little ones lots of important lessons that they won't fully appreciate until their like, 30. 

Double sigh.

In other news, we went up north for the weekend for lots of reasons but mostly because the walls in this house are starting to close in on me. The weekend was full of fun and some really good food and friends, which is always nice. I also met someone for the first time who said she knew me through the blog. How cool is that? 

If anyone is still out there, thanks for entertaining me.

I also got back on the baking wagon. When it's cold and I have nothing to do, I can't help myself. It's a problem.

All I'm going to say about the recipes I'm about to give you is that you absolutely, positively MUST make everything below before the snow melts and it gets warm again. This is comfort food to the max. There's not a chance in hell I'll make this in the summer. 

My belly was so happy.

My thighs, not so much.


This was really, really easy. No fancy ingredients. It takes a little bit of time so don't think you can whip it up quickly after dinner like cookies or something. 


Umm. Yeah. There is absolutely nothing "good for you" about this recipe. Just that its delicious. To make it extra bad for you, I swapped Ritz crackers on top for the bread crumbs.

That happened.


Standard, I know but I was pretty much craving these all weekend so I had to make them. They are soft and delicious. What more do you need to know?

And the weekend round up in pics. 

Hope yours was mah-velous!


The saddest snowman there ever was and a sleeping boy that looked like was old. Boo that.


Obsessed is not even close to the right word.

And some silly faces. 

I don't even know.

Target practice. 24/7

Told ya.

Snoozin

No comments:

Post a Comment