Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Yawk

Youz guyz. I have been busy.

Last week I was in the Big City for work. This week I'm in Dirty Jersey for work. Next week, I'm back in the Big City for work and the week after that, I'm in Beantown for a wedding.

I'm exhausted already.

So, I'm back tracking a bit. I wanted to share some pics and updates from last week.

I should be doing work, before work, instead of blogging but that just seems a bit ridiculous. I'll work tonight.

If you ever go to NYC, please, please go to this bagel place. Papa Bear hates it but it's literally the first thing I do when I get to town. I'm fairly certain I've mentioned this before.

Whatever you do, do not let them put your cup of coffee in the paper bag with your bagel.

This was taken on my walk to the office. I love the flag the most. Last week was a shitty one for America.

Hotel view.

I totally have a love/hate relationship with New York. I love it because I was there for my entire pregnancy with The King and when I stay there, I walk the same route to work as I did every day while I was pregnant. It's nostalgic. 

They also have pretty spectacular food. Yes, I used the work spectacular. Not to mention you can pretty much have anything you want delivered to your doorstep. Anything. I did all of my grocery shopping online and had it delivered once a week. I also ate a lot of buffalo chicken, pizza and Mexican food.

I really, really hate it because it's busy and disgusting. There are people everywhere and the stench when it's warm is pretty unbearable. I'm also going to generalize here but there are a lot of the people that strut around with a huge ego. Sort of a "I'm so important because I live in Manhattan and work on Wall Street and wear suits every day" kind of attitude. Gross. And yes, I know there are a lot of people that aren't like that. I work with a number of them. But you can literally see the attitude oozing out of these people. It's like it's in their hair gel.

So after my short, pointless trip, I rushed home to catch the Miranda Lambert and Dierks show. Which I'll write about in another post. It was disappointing to say the least.

I finally got home around 11 on Thursday night and tiptoed through the house, using my phone as a flashlight when I stumbled upon this little bastard.


No. It's not real. But it sure does look it. I am TERRIFIED of spiders. I hate them more than I hate NYC and cooked spinach. I found him just barely sticking out from under the couch and I nearly shit my pants. With cell phone light, that little effer looked like it might jump on me and eat my eyeballs.

Papa Bear, of course, thought it was hilarious.

I have officially banned fake bugs, along with real ones, in the house.

And just because I always find myself singing this song in the cab ride from the airport every time I visit. Here you go.




No comments:

Post a Comment