Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

I don't even know where to begin.

I am deeply saddened for all of the victims, their families, friends and all of the people who were at the marathon yesterday. What an unbelievably selfish and ugly act. I'm sad for the city of Boston and the people that call it, and Massachusetts, home. I'm mostly sad that these sort of acts have sort of become "the norm".

For those of you that are unfamiliar, each year Massachusetts reserves a holiday for what's called Patriots Day and Marathon Monday. Most people take the day off, if not mandated, to celebrate and recognize America, the Marathon, the Red Sox, New England and anything they darn well feel like celebrating really. It's usually a day of great fun, laughs, sports, beer, good food and friends. If I had to guess, a good million or so flock to the city just for this day.

Boston is like a second home to me, where I've made a lot of great friends and memories, so I'm going to end my posts here today.

I feel kind of sick to my stomach that this is the second post of this kind in just about four months.

Try to keep these people in your thoughts and prayers as we get on with our lives. A lot of people don't have that luxury today. Maybe we can also hold onto hope that this nonsense will some day end. If we stay on this path, it's going to be a pretty scary world for The King.

No comments:

Post a Comment