Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to life, back to reality

Well, here we go Monday.

After 17 long days off, it's time to get back on the grind. I think we were all a bit ready to get back into our routines and normal life, sans so much bread and cookies. The King, who is usually devastated to go to daycare, was more than happy to leave me this morning which happens only about 25% of the time. If I had to guess, he was over hanging out with us. 

Speaking of The King, homeboy is all sorts of a hot mess lately. We're back to begging mommy to lay down with him and he's made his sobbing way into my bed the past few nights. I think we're finally on our last two teeth and I couldn't be happier about that. 

As an example of his shenanigans, he woke up this morning at 5am and tried every trick in the book to get up. 

Enthusiastic "HI!!"
Then a roll onto your side, slip your arm under mommy's neck, hug her, feel for her face, whisper "hi" and gently kiss her on the forehead. (I almost died)
"Milk"
"Wawa" - water
"Poop potty"
"Grace"
"Baboo"
"Daddy"
"Owwy"
"Mommy"
"Mommy?"
"Mommyyyyy"

To which I responded

Hush. 

And then he rolled over, snuggled into his spot as little spoon and farted on me.

Twice. 

However, I will give him some credit and admit he's killing it in other ways. We ditched the pacifier so easily it was like he never even had the damn thing. We're talking not even asking for it or fighting me to go to sleep. 

Going on eight days clean now. 

And, perhaps best of all, Kingy has decided to potty train himself. That's right. Ole Kingy has been going on the potty every day for the past week, at least once a day. He even lets us know when he wants to go. 

Fine by me!

So in light of said awesomeness, he has two more days to get his shit together and start sleeping or I'm notifying "Ho Ho" immediately. There will be consequences.

I hope everyone is keeping up with their resolutions and has a kick ass kind of Monday!

Is that even possible?

Xxoo
ma



No comments:

Post a Comment