Monday, May 5, 2014

Hey Hey

How goes the Monday battle?

We are killing it over here with some Hand/Foot/Mouth awesomeness, soreness and zero sleep.

If someone can tell me why my kid won't sleep and how I can make him sleep without giving him whiskey, I will love you for the rest of my life.

And I'll throw in some cookies for good measure.

We had a ridiculously productive weekend to spite the cold, rainy weather and both, Kingy and I, being sick.

First, we have most of that little front of the house project completed!!! PB needs to fix the siding so that I can finish planting my hostas but otherwise, she's good  to go! I'll share pictures when I put my pots and window boxes out.

I still have a bunch of plants to go in around the house but we need to tackle painting the decks first. I think we're planning to pressure wash them this weekend. And maybe celebrate my birthday, I don't know.

We also put up half of our garden fence (oh my word, I am going to have an enormous garden). I think it's something like 10x180 feet. Whoa. Once we finish putting up the fence, I'm going to paint that sucker white. I can't wait! It's going to be super cute.

The chickens have been fenced! Mulch has been spread! And I'm feeling much, much better about the house situation.

Now to get started on that massive wedding to-do list...

Also, I learned this weekend that "working" for a man doing hard labor is just about the last thing on earth that I would ever want to do on a regular basis. PB only wanted to kill me a few times and it's a serious improvement from last weekend's picket fence building but good LAWD, they are rough. There is no tip-toeing around anything. I'll tell you that much.

In other news, I am still contemplating the Whole 30 aaaaand I impulsively bought Martina McBride's new album on the way to work this morning. It's not country. It's soul and kinda rock and it's goooooooooood. I should not be allowed to have iTunes on my phone.

I didn't really take any pictures this weekend because my phone was dead for most of it and I was bustin my balls, workin hard and shiz. It felt good to disconnect. Try it. Just for 24 hours.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

xxoo
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment