Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cray

Thank you sweet baby Jesus for Hump Day!

I took yesterday off to celebrate The King's second year of life.

It was not as glamorous and happy as I'd hoped.

To be honest, he was kind of bitchy.

He woke up kicking me and yelling at 6am.

Which should have been my first clue to forget about it being a good day but I decided we were going to power through and make this day FUN!

So first, we hit up Starbucks. To my pleasant surprise, they were sold out of our favorite breakfast sandwich and Kingy refused to eat the one I bought him.

Who doesn't eat bacon?

That should have been my second clue to turn around and call it a day but oh no, the show must go on!! Extremely chipper now, we made our way over to Target where Kingy was allowed to fill the cart with (almost) anything his little heart desired. I kind of like that tradition for now.

We almost made it out of the store without an episode until he tried to ride on the front of the cart, which I was ok with, until a worker lady started lecturing him how it was dangerous and he should get down but we all know, was really lecture me about how it was unsafe. Which honestly made me want to punch her in the face and pissed The King right off.

Like I'm sprinting through the aisles with my kid on the end of a cart?

Thanks. Dick.

But I didn't punch her in the face and only mumbled under my breath about how she should worry about her job and not my kid. I paid for our junk and we happily headed to the zoo.

As I write this, I realize I've lost my marbles.  

The zoo was fun. Slight bitchy-ness but only minor hiccups along the way. He done good.

Did I mention he refused to talk to ANYONE that called to wish him a happy birthday?

Yeah. Onward!

The afternoon, however, was another story. Homeboy was over everything. He decided napping was so yesterday and only for one year olds so he got about 15 minutes in the car and then pretty much refused to go back to sleep once we landed home.

Ok buddy.

So we headed out to run errands, the duck pond, played some baseball and grabbed ice cream.

Something has to work, right?

I'm really running him into the ground at this point but I don't care. IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Stupid.

Stupid. Stupid.

The rest of the afternoon went much the same, climaxing at the point where he became overtired and hungry and then proceeded to pull what would have been his birthday pie onto the floor. Smashing his graham cracker crust everywhere.

Awesome.

We recovered with a stack of chocolate chip cookies, one scoop of ice cream and two candles.

And I just about died from it all.

So here's hoping three is better.

(I can hear you laughing)

Last night as a 1 year old.
Dancing on tables. (Insert emoticon with the covered eyes)
So old.


Fill'er up!

"I ready mama"



Over. It.

I'm not kidding, he threw a ball to me in the air from this far away.

xxoo
ma


No comments:

Post a Comment