Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Few Thangs

Ok, it's hump day.

I can handle that.

Rain, not so much.

But, at least it's not snow?

I'm finally coming out of this awful sickness. It has only been a few days but a long time since I was sick last so I had sort of forgotten how rotten it is.

I still feel like dookie but today is better than yesterday and for that, I can be thankful. I am, however, still feeling rather uninspired and sluggish so hopefully that goes away soon.

So, I want to ask you about a few thangs.

First, have you heard of this oil pulling thing?

Oil Pulling

Does that not sound like the strangest thing to do, in the history of ever?

Does it work?

Second, a lot of the broads (I mean that in the nicest way possible) that I follow on Instagram take wicked awesome pictures and share recipes and inspiring this that or the other but lately, I've noticed how many of them are really, really Godly.

Is that even a word?

And don't get me wrong, I respect that. I have my own views that also happen to involve God but I just can't understand how they are so obsessed (for lack of a better word). Seriously. I don't mean that in a bad way. It seems that they are really, really Godly. I am struck by their devotion, yes! that's the word, devotion. I guess, I don't really understand it.

Clearly, I'm babbling.

I went to church recently with PB's mom and it was lovely. And inspiring. And so I guess, these women are so Godly that they profess it all day and all night to remind themselves of the bigger picture? Is that it?

Am I a bad person because I don't?

I'm not interested in debating anything and I'm not interested in being lectured on God. I'm just curious, I suppose. Can they truly be that devoted?

Maybe I am missing something?

And I'm not judging either. So don't get all "those who live in glass houses" blah blah blah on me. I've just never been around people that are like that and so I'm curious. That's all. To each their own. And I mean that.

Anyway, food for thought on this miserable April day.

xxoo
ma



No comments:

Post a Comment