Monday, May 19, 2014

What the hell just happened?

Y'all. Things are bananas.

With only 19 days left until the big day, we went from being almost done with getting the house/yard together to having a massive mess. 


Yeah. That's our chimney. Being torn down.



Now look closely.

Past the dreamy sun flare.

You see it?

Yeah, that's a pile of rubble.

Or a lawn ornament.

Pretty, isn't it?

I can't even. 

In other news, one of our decks is painted (almost). I just need to get the face done, the little box that covers our propane tank and throw some chairs and hanging baskets up there and call it a day. Here's a before and almost after. 



I don't know if I have ever worked so hard physically before. Shoveling and painting and up and down a ladder and on and on.

The good news is the front of the house is almost done too. That was a big project. We just have to finish painting that deck and I'll post the before and after.

I kinda want to paint my garage door and the shed doors.

Such craziness. 

Also, I should probably start working out again. My ass is all sorts a jiggly. 

You know, stop sleeping and just work out all night.

Speaking of ass jiggle, I made the most amazing lunch and cake for the fam yesterday. It was my mom's birthday and an "I'm sorry you have to help us with the house again" meal.

Pioneer Woman - Pulled BBQ chicken. 

That woman does not disappoint. Two things. Make the slaw. I used chicken breast, not on the bone and cooked for 60 minutes at 350. Ain't nobody got time for 300 for 90 minutes.

Amazing.

Potato Salad with eggs and bacon

This was my own concoction of boiled potatoes, hard boiled eggs (4), chopped up crispy bacon (1/2 package), sour cream (most of a jar), relish (to taste) and salt/peppah (to taste). No proportions, really, just taste it as you go. You could probably add celery and sweet onions too. I just didn't have that much ambition, or any celery. It was gooooood.

Double Chocolate Raspberry Cake

I can't find the recipe online for the one I made but this is pretty darn close (minus espresso). I also added raspberries between layers and on top (obviously).

It was so, SO good.

Also, I need a cake stand.



The end.


Happy Monday'ing friends!
ma

No comments:

Post a Comment