Friday, October 26, 2012

Night Train. Sh*t!

I told myself I wasn't going to buy Jason Aldean's new album after I heard the news of his scummy make out session in Cali. I was/am pretty mad at him. What kind of guy cheats on his wife, who happens to be his high school sweetheart, who he also has kids with? Oh yeah. Probably lots of guys.

That's another post.

So before cheater cheater pumpkin eater pulled his little stunt, I pre-ordered the album, Night Train. I was just too damn excited and with The King running my life, there are days that I barely remember to brush my teeth. How the hell was I going to remember to buy it in a month?

Well I completely forgot that I did this and much to my surprise, it magically appeared on my phone. I was totally prepared to hate him for life but I'm weak. So, so weak. Once it was in my hand the protest lasted a whole five seconds. It was too hard not to push play.

The verdict...I love it. I'm talking, already know all the words to every song, love it. Damn you Jason Cheater Aldean!!!

I will admit that it is a bit similar to his previous albums in that it's got a lot of moody, ballad, rockin guitar type tracks. He also has a few shake your groove thang tunes too, which have definitely been lacking in the past.

Even though I hate him, sorta, I wanted to share my favorites with you. It would be selfish of me to withhold toe tapping tunes.

In no particular order:
1. When She Says Baby - "some days its tough just gettin up, throwin on these boots and makin that climb" Matt wears boots and climbs all sorts of crazy shit every day so i'm pretending he dedicates this one to me.
2. Feel That Again - nostalgia.
3. The Only Way I know - Luke Bryan and Eric Church pop up outta nowhere on this one. I wanted a longer verse from them but whatever, I'll take it.
4. Take a Little Ride - We have chevy's so it just makes sense. Makes me want to ride in the middle of Matt's truck and wear short shorts. Don't ask. I don't know.
5. 1994 - this one is just too silly not to like it.
6. Staring at the Sun - this is one of those songs you wish someone would say "it reminds me of you" and plant a big kiss on your forehead. Love.
7. Water Tower - home.

Nearly the whole album. Told ya it's good.

Onto Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment