Monday, October 22, 2012

Hey Y'aaaaaaall!

I wish I actually spoke the word "ya'll" in my daily life. I often think I'd like to use it in conversation and I always chicken out. I live in the Northeast, who am I kidding?

For the past few years I've been thinking, and selectively saying to some close friends, that I'd like to start a blog. I think I'm funny and I think other people think I'm funny, so what the hell? Well I never did it because I didn't think I had anything to say. Duh. Now I've got a whole bunch of new stuff happening and I thought now is as good a time as any.

SO after another week of mulling it over and a long hot shower this evening, I am writing to you. Finally. Here's the quick and dirty of my eight year journey to blog-dome.

Raised in a small town.
Date stud senior boy.
Left said town for big city dreams.
Crash into big city and college with small town antics and thinking. 
Raise eyebrows, make great friends.
Get big city job, stay in big city after graduation.
Work/Travel.
Hate big city. Dream of small town life.
Date on and off with hs "sweetheart"...aka "pain in my giant ass"
Dream of moving south.
Move to even bigger city for job opportunity.
Keep dreaming of moving south.
Get knocked up with "pain in the ass" (love you!)
Forget south - sorta. Forget big city, realize I never really liked it.
Have sweet, sweet baby boy.
Move back north to a different small town but close enough to original small town.
Raise baby with "pain in the ass" (really love you!)
Love life.
Write blog.


Bless your heart if you've made it this far...I mean that in the good way too.

Oh to be southern...

My only goal for this blog is to share the nonsensical events in my life, crafty projects I create (or recreate from pinterest), my mommy struggles and successes and anything else that tickles my fancy. All in all, hoping to make you laugh or cry (yeah, right) or at the very least, help you waste some time. How many hours can you really spend on facebook or pinterest anyway?

That felt good. 

PS grammar and punctuation will nearly always be incorrect or missing. Feel free to scold me.

1 comment:

  1. As your former English teacher, and now your friend, I promise to overlook any grammar errors if you promise to continue entertaining me! <3

    ReplyDelete