Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday, Monday

Big case of the Mondays over here.

We had a jam packed weekend and I think as a result, I'm extra tired and extra sick today.

I think this weather has something to do with it too. And I know, that's probably something mom's just made up to make their kids bundle up or stay inside when the weather is crappy but I really think it's true. This weather is just brutal and it finally caught up with me.

Did I mention it's supposed to rain for the next week?

That'll make things interesting considering we've officially hit crunch time with only six weeks until the big day. We're going to have to work on the house, yard and wedding stuff every single nice day and weekend from now until June. To be fair, we've been putting this stuff off since we moved in so it needed to be done.

We're still working on this really, really awkward space in front of the house but Matt and I (yes, I totally helped a ton) put up a little fence and it's really starting to look cute! We even built the door ourselves. How bout them apples?


This used to be all ugly grass, a beige door (I simply painted) and an ugly front step. We're going to stain/paint the new step and fill this cute little space with flowers and shrubs. I'm hoping it will be super cute!

Not a great picture but you get the idea

Next is repainting the fence because it was muddy and nasty, plant flowers and shrubs, get my window boxes up and pots full of flowers! Then I should be done and we can focus on the flower beds around the house, yard work, building a nice firepit, painting the decks and possibly painting the chicken coop (PB doesn't know about that one yet).

As for wedding stuff, I finally picked up dresses for the bridesmaids and flower girl. Ma Dukes and I picked up her dress on Saturday so that was good. I still need to figure out flowers but I figure, if push comes to shove, there are enough grocery stores in the area that I should be able to find something to put on the tables...even if they are $6 bouquets of flowers.

I'm so high maintenance.

And finally, to put the icing on the cake, Gracie-Mae and Bucky-chacho pulled out all the stops this morning.

They literally went gangbusters in my house and tore. shit. up.

Ole PB didn't know the dog door was open in the mudroom and so when he locked them in their kennel for the day, to their sheer joy, they escaped into the house to see their people.

I was showering at the time but I could here all hell breaking loose outside the door.

We're talking covering my floors and BED in mud. Jumped on Kingy and woke him up. Peed all over my carpet because they were SO excited to be alive at 6:15 in the morning. And on and on and on...


Add in chickens eating my news bushes and flowers. Fried starter plants. Stepping in poop and the inability to swallow, I'd say today is going rather well.

And I just realized I forgot to take something out for dinner.

Cheers!

Everyone walks their duck decoys, right?
Biggest pancake I ever saw.


Before the dog incident. How cute, right?

xxoo
ma




No comments:

Post a Comment